Calendar of Events for Danish Digital Maritime Day 28 October 2020
The calendar will continuously be updated with speakers. Check back often to plan your personal schedule during Danish Digital Maritime Day.
- This event has passed.
The Liner Shipping Game
08.10.2014 @ 08:30 - 12:30€150
Aalborg University Copenhagen has in collaboration with Ange Optimization and Maersk Line developed the “Liner Shipping Game” based on a research grant and commercial donation from the Danish Maritime Fund. Aim of the Game is to provide the following to participants (industry people, students etc.) playing the game:
• Develop insights into commercial and operational fundamentals of Liner Shipping
• Convey understanding of how to improve profitability of a liner shipping network and business applying Revenue Management and Stowage Optimization principles
• Convey understanding of how IT and OR based decision support can improve efficiency and quality of daily business decisions
• Develop awareness for how standard procedures, data driven decision making combined with on-the job experience is critical for business profitability
• Understand the importance of cross functional coordination and team work for business profitability
• Play with Lego and have fun and build team spirit amount participants
The game is unique of its kind – and Aalborg University Copenhagen will over 3 days demonstrate how the game works through 4 hour game playing sessions where participants can take part in and thus play and experience the game. Price for 1 participant will be 150 Euro inclusive lunch and drinks. Location will be at AAU Copenhagen Campus.