Calendar of Events for Danish Digital Maritime Day 28 October 2020
The calendar will continuously be updated with speakers. Check back often to plan your personal schedule during Danish Digital Maritime Day.
- This event has passed.
Accelerating Adoption of Double Digit Fuel Saving Technogies
08.10.2014 @ 07:00 - 08:45
ACCELERATING ADOPTION OF DOUBLE DIGIT FUEL SAVING TECHNOLOGIES
DANISH MARITIME DAYS 2014
Breakfast Meeting: ShIFT Technology Breakfast, Hosted by Jose Maria Figueres, Carbon War Room, UCL Energy Institute, and Danish Shipowner’s Association
- Time: 7 am Wednesday, 8 October, as part of Danish Maritime Days
- Location: Danish Shipowner’s Association, Amaliegade 33, 1256 Copenhagen
- Free to attend, but space is limited – please RSVP to email@example.com
- Taxis will be arranged to provide transportation to the Danish Maritime Forum
Join the Carbon War Room, UCL Energy Institute, Danish Shipowner’s Association and technology entrepreneurs for a networking breakfast and an opportunity to discuss double-digit fuel saving technologies.
Agenda and Format:
7:15 – 8:45
- Welcome from Jan Fritz Hansen, Danish Shipowner’s Association and Jose Maria Figueres, Carbon War Room
- Dr. Tristan Smith, UCL Energy Institute, on wind technologies and futures modelling: understanding wind assistance technology’s competitiveness and commercial viability under different future scenarios
- Presentations and open Q&A from clean technology companies mainly looking for strategic partnerships and shipowners interested in game-changing fuel-saving technologies.
What is the ShiFT program?
The Shipping Innovation Fast Tracker (ShIFT) is a joint collaboration between University College London Energy Institute and the Carbon War Room, which aims to accelerate the deployment of technologies that yield double-digit savings fuel savings and GHG emission reductions.
Key barriers to wide scale adoption of the above solutions are:
•Suboptimal information regarding fuel-savings attributable to technology solutions
•Split-incentives due to contractual arrangements
•Lack of access to capital for clean tech providers and shipowners